The Chris Vernon Show is the newest addition to 92.9 FM ESPN's local lineup, airing 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. each weekday.
Chris Vernon, host
The Chris Vernon Show won five consecutive "M Awards" in Memphis Sport Magazine, each year winning in both categories Favorite Sports Radio Program and Favorite Sports Radio Personality. 2009's "M Awards" also saw Chris Vernon take home a third victory in the Favorite Sports Blog category, with his personal blog, chrisvernon.com. Chris and The Chris Vernon Show have taken home several of The Memphis Flyer's Best of Memphis Awards, including "Best Radio Personality," "Best Drive Time Show" and "Best Sports Radio Show," most recently in 2013. Chris has lived and worked in Memphis for many years, forming close ties to Memphis Tigers basketball and the Memphis Grizzlies. He has also lived in New York and St. Louis.
Jon Roser, producer
Jon Roser is a lifelong Memphian who graduated from Christian Brothers High School and attended The University of Memphis. He began intern at KQPN 730 AM in the spring of 2006 and quickly began working with The Chris Vernon Show. In 2007, he was hired by KQPN and became Chris Vernon's full-time producer. Roser's favorite movie is Goodfellas, and his favorite music artist is Kanye West. He also broke his foot in the lay-up line at a celebrity basketball game and can eat 33 hot wings in 12 minutes.
Weekly segments on The Chris Vernon Show:
- 12:05 p.m. Weekdays: Top 5 at 12:05
- 1 p.m. Mondays: Clay Travis from OutKickTheCoverage.com
- 12:25 p.m. Tuesdays: "Tiger Talk" with the Commercial Appeal's Jason Smith
- 1 p.m. Tuesdays: Sonny Vaccaro, the "Godfather of basketball"
- 12:25 p.m. Wednesdays: Yahoo! Sports national columnist Dan Wetzel
- 1 p.m. Wednesdays: Memphis Grizzlies GM Chris Wallace
- 1 p.m. Thursdays: The Memphis Flyer's Chris Herrington
Click here to listen to Chris' 92.9 podcasts and here to listen to podcasts prior to July 9, 2012.